Just because these are Mavic's entry level disc wheelset, does not mean that this Mavic Aksium Disc Centre Lock Wheelset 2016 is not of exceptional quality. Fully embracing the disc brake revolution has lead Mavic to develop a disc brake optimised rim profile, spoke geometry and lacing pattern.
Making use of the research and technology that goes into their highest quality wheels gives these Aksiums some real quality.
The straight pull spokes give these better strength that J-bent ones. The twenty four that are used here are then laced two-cross front and rear to further enhance the durability of this wheel as well as ensure that the braking torque is securely transferred all the way to the ground.
The aluminium hub contains double sealed cartridge bearings of the incredibly tough QRM variety. These spin with low friction as well as making this wheelset even more durable. Handily, the front wheel can be converted to 15 mm thru axle without bother should this be required. This fantastic wheelset is also available as a six bolt international standard version.
- Disc brakes
- Centre lock
- Shimano or Campagnolo options available
- Rim material: S6000 Aluminum
- Rim height: 21 mm
- Straight pull spokes (steel, twenty four)
- Spoke lacing: two-cross front and rear
- Nipples: brass
- Hub body: aluminium
- Axel: aluminium front and steel rear
- Freewheel: FTS-L steel
- Serviceable cartridge bearings (QRM)
- Rim resistance: pinned join and H2 reinforced drilling
- Force Transfer System Light
- Usiné Brut Control - CNC machined braking surface
- Includes: BR101 quick releases, rim tape, front quick release adapters and user guide
- Weight: 1965 g (pair without tyre)