A member on the Speeedcross family that is tuned to dominate harder trail surfaces. The Salomon Speedcross Vario weaves together precision fit technology, lightweight dampening and greater traction on harder surfaces; thanks to a re designed contegrip outsole. If you run on rock, gravel and firmer ground this is the shoe for you.
Upper - Supportive Comfort
The main body construction features an anti debris mesh that offers a fusion of protection, breathability and comfort, across a range of conditions. (The inclusion of the anti debris mesh equips the shoe to provide better breathability and debris protection when compared to others in the speedcross range). Enhancing the durability and overall protection offered from the upper, the Speedcross Vario employs a comprehensive mud guard system, wrapping around the toe area and lower section of the shoe. improving structure and the overall longevity of the uppers lifespan.
Enveloping the foot with support and comfort, the Speedcross Vario employs varying technologies to offer the best fit possible. Externally the Speedcross Vario features Sensifit technology - A system designed to work with the lacing system to cradle the foot from the midsole through to the lace system, providing a stable, precise, snug fit.
Locking out the various trail debris that can work its way to the internal environment of the shoe, a simple tongue cover stops stay debris before it has the chance. Eliminating potential discomfort and irritation
Midsole - Responsive Cushioning
Offering supportive comfort whilst retaining a lightweight embodiment the midsole utilises a dual fusion of Salomon's proprietary Lightweight muscle and injected EVA. Forming a differentiating density - a denser foam to prevent medial collapse and a lightweight EVA for smooth cushioning and gait cycle transitioning. The formant assists with keeping weight down and maximising responsive underfoot cushioning.
Internally the Speedcross Vario sports an EVA moulded sockliner - An adaptive, malleable mould that provides excellent next to foot cushioning and anatomical support from your first mile to your list.
Working alongside the footbed and providing a soft, malleable layer and further support the OrthoLite® sockliner creates a cooler, drier, healthier, better cushioned environment under the foot that will not break down or lose effectiveness over time.
Outsole - Precision Hard Ground Traction
Sporting a re-designed Contegrip outsole the Speedcross Vario is a ofrmidable force of hard ground traction and speed. The redesign boasts increased ground contact (around 60%) which delivers a greater surface area with which the shoe can grip, and greater friction generation to further improve the overall traction offered across a range of hard surfaces.
Delivering optimal traction on varied surfaces, Salomon's Contagrip® outsole uses the ideal combination of specialized rubbers and design. Ensuring the perfect levels of grip are achieved for the shoes specific use, providing the Speedcross Vario with adaptable traction to tackle the run through your urban area, all the way to your trail gateway where it keeps on performing.
- Sensifit Upper Technology - Actively cradles the foot to deliver a secure and precise fit for maximum stability and comfort.
- Anti-Debris Mesh Upper - Specifically designed for clearing debris and to prevent detritus from entering the shoe.
- Mud Guard - Surrounds the base of the shoe to protect it from abrasive mud materials.
- Tongue Cover - Prevents trail debris from entering the upper via the tongue.
- Mid Feather Construction - Makes the shoe extremely lightweight and breathable.
- OrthoLite® Sockliner - Sockliner combines a specific Ortholite® foam and an EVA heel cup. Ortholite® foam creates a cooler, drier, healthier, better cushioned environment under the foot that will not break down or lose effectiveness over time
- Moulded EVA Footbed - Provides excellent cushioning and anatomically designed support.
- Lightweight Muscle - A lightweight foam that is more pliable, more absorbent and saves more weight without compromising control and comfort.
- EVA Injected Midsole - Cushions the foot and attenuates shockwaves superbly, especially on rougher, tougher terrain.
- Contagrip® Outsole - Utilises a blend of softer, harder and grippier Contagrip® compounds to yield the perfect mix of performance and durability.